Laminate flooring has come a long way from the stuff of years past. In fact, thanks to cutting-edge technology, laminate is more than just an affordable option; it’s become a stylish flooring choice!
So if you’re in the flooring market, read on. As experienced pros in laminate flooring installation, we’re going to outline why laminate is an excellent choice for your home.
How Laminate Flooring has Evolved
When laminate first rolled out, it was an economical option that had a lot of flaws. However, after decades of technological upgrades, today’s laminate flooring is stronger, more stylish, and way more durable. Here are some of the ways laminate has changed for the better:
- More realistic and higher-quality graphics
- Deeper embossing or texturing
- Micro beveling to emulate the realistic look of seams between boards
The Benefits of Laminate Flooring
When it comes to flooring options today, there is a lot to choose from and laminate flooring installation is a great flooring option.
Here are some of the reasons why we love laminate flooring:
- Stain Resistant: The “wear layer” shields the graphics underneath from scratches and stains. However, that’s not to say that your flooring won’t eventually scratch — especially in high-traffic areas or if you have dogs — but it greatly improves the lifespan of your floor. If you want your floor to last as long as possible, then buy flooring with a 10+ year warranty.
- Maintenance: Thanks to the wear layer, laminate is easy to maintain. You’ll never need to refinish the floors; all you need is a broom, vacuum or a damp mop to whisk away dust, dirt and debris!
- Affordable: Laminate is an affordable flooring choice ranging from $1-12 a square foot. Even though it may be tempting to save a little more cash, you want to invest in flooring with better graphics, and is thicker, as this speaks to the quality of the product.
- Affordable Installation: With the low cost of buying laminate and the relative ease of installation, laminate is one of the most inexpensive floors to have installed by professionals, like The Brothers Flooring!
- Non-Allergenic: Because laminate doesn’t trap dust particles or other allergens the same way carpet does, it’s a great choice for allergy sufferers.
- More Stylish: Your mother’s laminate flooring back in the day was bland; today, however, you can buy a laminate that resembles wood or stone. To help improve the faux wood or stone look, good manufacturers use 5-10 different designs, so the flooring has more character — the same way natural surfaces do.
- Anti-Slip: A common complaint about laminate is that it’s slippery. To remedy this, manufacturers texturize the top layer or add an anti-slip coating to prevent slips and falls.
- Pleasant Underfoot: Another frustration with laminate flooring is it’s noisy or hard underfoot. To tackle this concern, during the laminate flooring installation, contractors can add a foam underlayment to make it more pleasant and less noisy underfoot.
Why You Should Consider Laminate Flooring
As with many things, technological advancements have given laminate a new lease on life. No longer is it an undesirable flooring choice; it’s become a better quality flooring worthy of your consideration!
If you’re considering updating a room in your house and aren’t sure whether laminate flooring is a good fit for your space, contact us and we’ll help you! We offer free consultations and are happy to help answer any of the questions you may have.